Powered by Blogger.
Home » » Mid-Century Tortoise Shell Secretary

Mid-Century Tortoise Shell Secretary

Thursday | 22:46

Hi everyone! So glad to be back and sharing two of my favorite farmhouse style goodies with you, ironstone and this old ladder.. You here: Home; Style; Antiques; Collectibles-General (Antiques) Collectibles-General (Antiques) /Questions. Mid-Century Tortoise Shell Secretary
Mid-Century Tortoise Shell Secretary
About a month ago I was online scoring ads for upcoming local auctions when I found this secretary. 




I sought after it SO terrible and thankfully no one else did.


Awe-inspiring possum. 


It came home with ME. 


When I bid on it, I didn’t grasp it had a leather inlay, so I had grand plans to paint it ancient Hollywood style with black lacquer and gold details. 


But the leather was too gorgeous to paint so I turned to plot B.


Watco Danish Oil in Light Maple. 




It worked it’s magic perfectly. 






I’m so glad I didn’t paint it. 


The tortoise shell in the wood grain is killer.






The original hardware is some of my favorite I’ve ever seen.




I spent a lot of time obsessing over some of the scratches and small dings I couldn’t refinish with the oil and a stain pen. 


I tried all my tricks and then resolute to let the small dings be. 


They add character and who says it has to be perfect to be gorgeous.


For more info on this piece, including dimensions and price, click on The Shop tab at the top of the page.


Also, how about these brass candle sticks my mom thrifted for me?!





 I’ll show you how to clean up ancient brass later this week. :)



Mid-Century Tortoise Shell Secretary

  • amazon com toys amp; games
    • Follow us on Facebook Follow the Amazon Toys & Games Team on Facebook to learn about current sales & deals and join in toys and games discussions.. ....readmore at http://www.amazon.com/toys/b?ie=UTF8&node=165793011
  • shop the designers consignment
    • "The Guardian" depicts two young children as they bravely face the unknown world that lies before them. Their spiritual guardian angel compionately enfolds the . ....readmore at http://www.thedesignersconsignment.com/shop-view?page=1
  • tara seawright new york social diary
    • (c) 2014 David Patrick Columbia & Jeffrey Hirsch/NewYorkSocialDiary.com. ....readmore at http://www.newyorksocialdiary.com/decorator-series/2015/tara-seawright
    Related Search Word and Term :amazon com toys amp; gamesshop the designers consignmenttara seawright new york social diaryMid-Century Tortoise Shell Secretary

    Mid-Century Tortoise Shell Secretary

    Disclaimer