Powered by Blogger.
Home » » Conclusion of the ugly lamp story

Conclusion of the ugly lamp story

Wednesday | 22:46

I canĂ¢€™t recall if there was something specific that got me to pull my head out of my , but fortunately something did. (could have just been the end of my period . Like laughter. Like family. Like creativity, friendship and communication. IKEA lets you make room for all those little things. The little things that. Conclusion of the ugly lamp story
Conclusion of the ugly lamp story
These “hideous” lamps,





have SOLD! 


They were one of the first things to sell this weekend at a market we did in Scottsdale.


While I secretly liked (OK kind of loved) them, I wasn’t sure anyone else would, hence why I questioned for you attitude.


And boy did you guys give it! 


With how many of you HATED them, I was ready to make a trip to Home Depot for some paint, but I resolute to wait and see. 


And turns out people loved them.


Moral of the tale #1:


Sometimes it pays not to be like everyone else.


While they could have been pretty painted and glazed…they wouldn’t have been as unique. 


I don’t want to be like everyone else; that’s why I painted them like that. 


I sought after them to have an Anthropologie look.


I sought after them to look like something your grandma might have, but updated, assorted and vintage.


I sought after them to be nearly hideous so that when you looked at them you couldn’t choose if you loved them or despised them. 


Moral of the tale #2:


Be passionate in your decisions and thoughts. 


You are talented, and while we often do need information and inspiration and friends to help us, eventually you are the creator so make sure YOU like what you make. 


PS.


I am grateful for the view and opinons you gave. 


And I’m grateful that you felt you could be so honest with me. 


It takes a real friend to do that. :) 







Conclusion of the ugly lamp story

  • opinion the denver post
    • Editorials, columns, ysis, cartoons, letters, arguments, ideas on Colorado, politics, local, events, national, international news by The Denver Post.. ....readmore at http://www.denverpost.com/opinion
  • chicago sports teams scores stats news standings
    • Get the latest CHICAGO sports teams, scores, stats, news, standings, rumors fantasy games, and more on ESPNCHICAGO.com.. ....readmore at http://espn.go.com/chicago/
  • the good the bad and the ugly wikipedia the free
    • The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Italian le: Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo, lit. "The Good, the Ugly, the Bad") is a 1966 Italian epic Spaghetti Western film . ....readmore at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Good,_the_Bad_and_the_Ugly
    Related Search Word and Term :opinion the denver postchicago sports teams scores stats news standings the good the bad and the ugly wikipedia the free Conclusion of the ugly lamp story

    Conclusion of the ugly lamp story

    Disclaimer